We are a Toronto-based publisher of military and security-focused fiction and non-fiction works. We’re interested in material that sheds new light on familiar topics, or that changes what we think we know about a topic. Although we are primarily interested in Canadian or Canada-based authors, we will also consider works by writers who are farther afield.
In particular, we are interested in:
- smart military fiction, in any setting (historical, sci fi, etc). Think everything from Bernard Cornwell to Robert Heinlein.
- military, security or conflict-related histories, especially those that offer a new perspective on a familiar topic
- military biographies or memoirs
- books on military theory and tactics, modern or historical
- books on global security issues, modern or historical
- battlefield guides
- military themed graphic novels
- guides or references for collectors of militaria, modellers, wargamers and reenactors
Our guiding light is that we want to publish the kinds of books that we want to read, so don’t be afraid to give us a try. It’s important to note – we use a traditional publishing model, where money flows from the publisher to the author, not the other way around. There are no fees or costs involved with submitting to us or publishing with us.
To submit your work for consideration, please send an email with the following information to email@example.com:
- a brief synopsis of the work, including total word count
- a biography, including your country of residence
- one sample chapter pasted into the body of the email
Please be patient. We will respond as quickly as possible to every submission, although we will often not be able to provide any specific feedback should we not accept a submission. We appreciate how hard it is for a writer go through the submissions process, and endeavour to respect that in how quickly and clearly we respond.